Monday, July 28, 2008

Thai Tofu With Coconut Rice


I used the recipe HERE, but exchanged small scalloped summer squash, carrots and some of the green beans I'd frozen. This worked well. I also didn't have any red curry paste, so i substituted hot sauce (you know, the giant bottle with the rooster on it). The rice was simply Basmatti rice cooked with a handful of flaked coconut-easy. The commenters at epicurious thought it needed fish sauce so I added some. Personally, with all that lime I can't see what difference it makes, but I'm not a connoisseur. In fact, the whole thing was ready in about half an hour. Not bad for a Monday night dinner. Mr. Eat The Blog started a new job today and wasn't sure how long the commute home would take-and this dinner can be kept warm easily. He likes his new job-and enjoyed the tofu for dinner. Again, not too bad for a Monday.

No comments: