Monday, July 07, 2008

Dried Borage

I'm the proud owner of an absurdly large bag of dried borage flowers. Tea only needs a teaspoon at a time-so what the hell do I do with the rest of it?

Thoughts?

While we're at it, does anyone have suggestions (other than tea or booze) for a large quantity of dried licorice roots?

Yeah, I got carried away at the Mediterranean Food store again-this time I only came home with the borage, zaatar, and a frozen rabbit. Usually, the damage to my pocketbook is more extreme like pickled thyme, salt cod, and more varieties of feta cheese than I ever knew existed. And goat-can't forget the goat. And mutton. And...(starting a sentence with 'and" is kind of lame) some sort of broad bean salad in a tin that looks like it will be awful, but my husband has fallen in love with.

I'm stumped on the borage though. Fresh ones can go in salad (or ice cubes for a Pimm's cup) but the dried version is leaving me puzzled.

No comments: