Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Any Wanker Can Spell "Masturbate"

This has nothing to do with cooking and everything to do with editing.

I'm sure they will catch it and correct it eventually, but here's the article with masturbate spelled "masterbate."

This comes (sorry, my bad) on the heels of the paper having sacked the few literate employees they had.

I make spelling and grammatical errors constantly, but I'm not a newspaper-a paper that just sacked their last few literate employees whom I'm pretty certain could spell masturbate correctly.

Anyone want to start a campaign to send copies of Strunk and White to the Journal Star? It isn't only the spelling errors I find so maddening. Honestly, it is getting so bad over there I can be 3/4 of the way through an article and think, "What is this supposed to be about?" Of course, sacking your only literate employees does not help the situation. I'd keep a tally of these but it is just too irritating. Did I mention they went and sacked their most literate employees? Yeah, they did.

Wankers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they corrected it. they're still wankers.

Anonymous said...

Awww... shame, it's already been corrected. They're not the only paper with idiot journalists though. Being a maths teacher, I spot a lot of the maths and science bloopers and the BBC is rife with them. But my favourite was The Guardian's science correspondant saying 'It is thought that pi has at least 50,000 decimal places'. Very embarrasing.

Goody said...

Oh, that is bad.