Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cucumbers and Ginger



Mr. Eat the Blog brought home cucumbers again from a co-worker. I held my nose (I can't stand them) and made this pickle for him, but I didn't try any. He enjoyed it and is looking forward to topping sandwiches with it for lunch this week. Good for him-at least it will be out of my fridge where I won't need to look at it. I put it in a jar, but I swear, I can still smell it.

I just guessed at the measurements (I wasn't going to taste it) but if you don't mind this sort of thing, go ahead and adjust it according to your taste.

You will Need:

2 cucumbers, mostly skinned with a bit left on for colour
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons fresh ginger cut into very thin matchsticks
1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt to taste

Shove it in a jar, shake gently and keep in fridge. It should probably marinate at least a day.

No comments: