Sunday, December 09, 2007

Cars Cookies



I didn't have a cookie cutter for this, so I improvised one from cardboard and then piped on the decoration. Have I mentioned how much my son loves the Cars movie? I refuse to buy it because he'd watch it continually. As we've never permitted TV (we don't watch either) and the thing only gets hooked up for the occasional movie rental, I don't want to immerse him in screen time, even without commercials (though there's plenty of product placement in the movie).


Anyway, he loves the characters from Cars.


What sort of a mother would I be if I didn't make a few of these while putting together the Christmas cookies? I had my doubts that it would work, but I think it is a pretty good likeness of Lightning McQueen, don't you?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You're amazing.

Mary would go crazy if I gave her Lightening McQueen cookies, though I doubt she would eat them.

I spent the day baking cookies today too, though mine are nowhere near as fancy as yours.

Goody said...

I actually thought about sending her some but figured they'd be crumbs by the time they got there-also wasn't sure if you can ship baked goods internationally.