Sunday, December 27, 2009

And Now, The Flu

Really, I don't mind. In fact, I'm just so pleased to have made it through the Birthday cake and Christmas that I hardly care if I'm stuck in bed coughing and sneezing for a week. I. Am. Done.

I'm using this down-time as an opportunity to finish a few sewing projects that can be managed from bed (embroidered tablecloth) and watching some movies from the large stack of .50 cent VHS tapes we bought at a sale. I think I can save you watching John Carpenter's Vampires. I mean, for .50 cents, OK but you wouldn't want to spend real money renting it. I'll probably donate it back to the thrift store.

I should also mention that stale pannettone makes wonderful French toast. That bread is like a gift that just keeps on giving. Two weeks old, still delicious.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I'm going to take some time off cooking and baking for a while, though Mr. ETB wants a movie cake for his Birthday in January. I'd tell you what he's requested, but I'll just leave that as a surprise for later.

No comments: