Friday, December 04, 2009

Sun Maid

Holy crap, they made the Sun Maid raisin girl look like my sister-big boobs and all.

How freaky is that going to be for her kids to see mummy's likeness staring at them from a bag of dried fruit? I mean, her kids are all grown adults, but I'm a grown adult, and I wouldn't want to look at my mother's face every time I baked oatmeal cookies.

Really, I understand that the goal was to update the logo, but she looks just like my sister circa 1975. You don't get hair like that without hot rollers. And that tan-hey, did I ever tell the story about the time my sister burned her eyes using a table-top sun lamp without goggles and woke us all up in the middle of the night screaming:
"I'm blind!"

Good times, good times. Apparently that was a common enough mishap that the emergency room doctor laughed and told our dad to buy her some goggles, and everything would be fine.

Yikes, I wonder if she's seen it yet. She should look into getting some money for them using her likeness.

No comments: