Monday, February 01, 2010

Funny? Sad? Both?

I can't decide if this story about the popularity of "Bumpits," is funny, or sad.

From the article:

"For Omahan Heather Linder, it’s a dream come true.

“My hair is fine and straight,” the 15-year-old said. “It doesn’t tease very well.”

She bought the hair insert two weeks ago to try it out. Her review: Thumbs up.

“It adds a little something extra to your hair,” Linder said. “If your hair is high up, it shows you took time.”


You know, it shows you took time. Time you could be spending...oh I don't know, studying?
Attention to detail, I guess. They still make people look idiotic, but I suppose at fifteen we should cut her some slack. I wouldn't post a photo of my hair at fifteen. Let's just say my mother wasn't throwing out any frozen orange juice containers because I needed them for rollers. I just had an Aqua Net flashback-do they still make that stuff? Or Dippty-Do?

Kids, learn from my youthful mistakes-teased hair makes you look foolish. Sure, you don't have turquoise eye shadow and black eyeliner to enhance the stupid look, but trust me on the hair thing. The only benefit you'll see from it (other than split ends) is the joy of seeing your child doubled-over laughing at old photographs thirty years from now.

No comments: