Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cream Cheese Peppermints


These are my new favourite candy and when you see how easy they are to make, you'll love them too. I've done variations of this with butter, but the cream cheese was a new one to me. The recipe may be found at From My Homestead (another avid home canner). I waited until they were ice cold to dip in chocolate and they did soften a bit but that wasn't anything chilling them didn't correct. I imagine white chocolate would be really good as well.

In other news, it is now officially cold enough to store the cannister of my ice cream maker outdoors. I like having extra freezer space, but man-is it ever cold here. Interestingly, the windows to the mudroom are frosted over but the new windows on the house are not. Nifty.

In other, other news-I finished frosting close to fifty butter cookies with royal icing for Danny's birthday. I'm so glad that's done. I'll bake the cake Thursday, frost it and put it together with the cookies Friday night and have it ready to go Saturday. Then, I'm using my well-chilled ice cream maker to whip up a batch of frozen gin and tonic...and I'm not sharing.

I did get really good at frosting cookies though.

No comments: