Monday, December 22, 2008

The Other White Meat

"Mama? Can I have an apple to play with?"

Seemed like a simple enough request, and I had just bought a rather large-ish apple for him anyway. I didn't see any harm in letting him play with it for a bit. Danny raced off to his play kitchen and I turned my attention back to making lunch.

From the corner of my eye, I see him go to the bookcase, grab a cookbook and take it back to the play kitchen.

"How cute" I thought, "he's pretending to cook."

"Mama? What does P.O.R.K. spell?"
"Pork."
"Can I have some pork to play with?"

By this point curiosity got the better of me, so I went over to see what he was doing. I found the cookbook opened to this:

A pork loin stuffed with apples and prunes.

I think I'll just hand off the cooking to Danny now.

No comments: