Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Any Idiot Can Roast Veg


-Still, some idiots insist on boiling them to death. I know, I grew up with a "boiler" for a mother (and Gran). Olive oil was something we bought in a tiny bottle at the pharmacy to clean out your nose on a Q-tip in the winter. No one I knew actually used it to cook.

Cut your vegetables. If you're doing things together that cook quicker, you may need to remove them sooner-I try to accommodate this by cutting quicker cooking items larger, but it really isn't anything to get overly concerned about. Place the vegetables in a bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil (or whatever oil you like) and herbs (I use a lot of thyme and rosemary). Toss, and pour onto a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper if you like. Place in a hot oven (425 degrees F.). Bake 15 minutes. Stir. Return to oven another 15 minutes or until done.

There, isn't that better than boiled carrots?

No comments: