Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Tiara Makes Housework Less Drudgery

Doesn't everyone wear a tiara to do housework? No? You should try it. I even wore the rhinestone dress clips for that extra bit of glamour the job demands. 

 I want to know how I managed to get lipstick on my ear. Yes, it is my own lipstick-I should be so lucky to have someone kissing my ear! My life is dull (see above picture doing housework in a tiara).

 These are the shoes I ordered from American Duchess. I've been wearing them at home to get used to them, though they really didn't need a break-in. These shoes were perfect out of the box.
 I did change shoes for a walk in the park next door because the paths are gravel.
These grey shoes are Clarks and I've worn them almost nonstop since buying them a few years ago. If I need to do any walking, I bring them along to change into. 


That's all that is left of the snow. The building is the nursing college we live next to. I like living next to a college-it makes me feel less dumberer more intelligent. It is a little frightening to see the students ,because they all look too young to be trusted with medical equipment. These are the people that will be taking care of me in my declining years. You know what? I'm not going to think about that...
...I'm going to think of the greening plants beneath the bits of remaining snow.

I'm off to do laundry. You have grab the excitement where you find it!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

I'm going to do the housework tomorrow and I might take a leaf out of your book, Goody, and wear a tiara - only I don't have one! Actually, I do - a pink and silver, plastic and feather monstrosity that was bought for my mum's 70th birthday! For some unexplained reason I've held on to it for 14 years.

The rhinestone clips are lovely and as for that jacket and those shoes - how gorgeous are they?

Clark's shoes are just so comfortable. My ex mum in law bought me a pair of Clark's 'jesus' type orange, suede sandals and it was liking walking on air. I wish I had hung to those.

How was your bird count or did you not do it your garden?

Hope your weekend is going well (apart from the dreaded housework, of course)!

xxx
Veronica
vronni60s.blogspot.com

Bibi Maizoon said...

Black with rhinestones, one of my favorite combinations!
Absolutely love those rhinestone clips & glad to see the Kashmiri jacket making an appearance again.
I had an Oreck & loved it. Those American Duchess shoes are divine!
As a proper Indian housewife I am supposed to wear a mile long dupatta (scarf) while cooking and doing housework. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.
http://calmlycookingcurry.blogspot.com/2016/02/nepali-rahar-dal-curried-pigeon-peas.html

ThriftyParka said...

Oooh, those earrings, that crewelwork coat, those shoes!! You have found the perfect housework outfit!

happy thrifting ;)

Beth Waltz said...

One of my favorite photos of HM shows her seated on marble stairs, wearing a sumptuous gown and reading a letter from a cousin. She's parked her tiara on the step beside her, thereby setting a precedent of sorts...but I suspect hers weighs more than yours.

Your black frock with elegant leafy clips makes my eyes glow green, as does the Kashmiri jacket and those American Duchess shoes. If not royal, there's some ducal blood in your fashion sense somewhere!

Anonymous said...

I have to get tiara soon. I need badly my housework will be delight to do. I am usually wearing lace dress when doing any work inside. Your blog is my favourite Hope.

Sue said...

Every woman needs her own tiara, and it really doesn't matter what size either, after all it is the thought that counts remember!! Oh yummy yum yum to those shoes, oh and that gorgeous embroidered coat. I suppose when the snow finally goes it is a bit of a surprise as to what will grow, I do like a surprise in the garden.

Vix said...

I haven't got a tiara but then again, I haven't got a vaccuum cleaner either. Jon's more of a domestic goddess than I am!
Loving that gorgeous Indian jacket, I'm kicking myself for selling my original 1960s Afghan one now. xxx

Mim said...

Damn, those dress clips... they're just fab. And if Princess Margaret could wear the Poltimore in the bath, and Liz Taylor wear her emeralds in the swimming pool, why not wear a tiara to do the vaccuuming?

Those American Duchess shoes are super. Gurt lush, as they say in these parts...

Goody said...

@Veronica
Our bird count went well. We did some at home, and some in nearby parks. Danny's up to 101 different species on his Life List, so he's happy. Finally got to see Trumpeter Swans.

@Bibi
My only complaint about the Oreck is the hand-vac is a separate machine. Otherwise, I love it.

@Thrifty Parka
I do typically wear a pinny over my dresses, but I took it off for the photo.

@Beth
*slaps head* I should have taken a photo on my "throne." Didn't think of it until just now.

@Anon
I heartily recommend the tiara. Thank you for such kind words.

@Sue
I'm hoping last year's borage will come back, but I can't be sure until I see it.

@Vix
We have wall-to-wall carpeting so the vacuum is a necessary evil. This one is super-lightweight though.

I wish I could get Mr. ETB to at least pick up his stuff, even if he didn't want to clean.

@Mim
Oooh, that's a good idea wearing massive sparkles to the pool. I have some elaborate costume pieces I can break out this summer. Thanks for the inspiration (I can do Liz Taylor as I own enough caftans).