Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dressing Up The Leftovers-Updated More Photos





*Updated-I did end up taking it out of the pan.


Terrible photo, eh? It is a gloomy, rainy day here.

Operating on the belief that everything tastes better in pastry, I used the cup of leftover corn chowder from last night and added a few carrots, potatoes and turnips to get this delightful pot pie. I don't plan to take it out of the springform pan, but it was too large for my pie plate, so I improvised.

This really was simplicity-I even threw in half a bag of frozen green beans. I probably could have added a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken up the sauce, but that's OK-we actually prefer our pot pies less gloppy. My feeling about pot pies is that they really are dumping grounds for whatever I have in the crisper bins and I wouldn't ever go out and buy ingredients specifically to make one. That's how I do it, but then I always have some carrots, onions and potatoes lying around. I'm not going to post a recipe for it because really, how would you? Think of it more as a dinner idea.

Again, this is a meatless dish, but I don't think anyone will be leaving the table hungry. Hopefully, this will last for a couple days worth of lunches and dinners.

No comments: