Monday, March 08, 2010

Mint Meltaway Cookies


Do I get some sort of "Old lady prize" for having a bag of butter mints in my kitchen cabinet? I have butterscotch disks in my handbag too. Get off of my lawn, you damn beatniks. Wait, first take some cookies.

From Better Homes and Gardens Cookie Cookbook:

1 cup butter
1 cup crushed butter mints
2 cups AP flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Whip the butter until light. Mix in the butter mints and mix well. With the mixer on slow speed, mix in the flour.

Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Pat out, and roll into a 9 inch square. Sprinkle with sugar Cut into 3 dozen squares. I decorated the top with a tiny cookie cutter because it was suggested, but really, it didn't add much. Place squares on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-18 minutes or until just lightly browned on the edges. Don't over bake. Cool on racks. Store in an airtight container.

Get off of my lawn.

No comments: